After Easter and the long bank holiday weekends, it might seem like the school breaks are over – but don’t relax for too long as May half term is just around the corner.
An ideal time to miss the crowds, summer heat and peak season prices, there’s still time to get the family booked onto a trip with The Adventure Company.
EGYPT: Feluccas & Pharaohs
– With the Ancient Egyptians part of the key stage 2 syllabus, this 10-day holiday is the perfect chance for families with children aged five upwards to journey back in time on a classic Egyptian adventure. The Feluccas & Pharaohs family holiday has been running for over ten years, providing families with an educational holiday full of fun and discovery. From sailing on a felucca along the Nile, riding a camel in the desert to snorkelling over coral reefs, this is a well-paced trip taking in this great value destination’s most awe-inspiring sights.
– Price: 10 days from £1099 adult / £999 child including flights (domestic and international), transport (train, minibus, felucca, horse-drawn carried, boat and camel), accommodation (7 nights hotel, 1 night train and 1 night felucca), most meals (8 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 5 dinners) and a local group leader.
– Departure: 28 May
JORDAN:Journey to the Lost City
– From floating in the Dead Sea to snorkelling in the Red Sea and from exploring a lost city built of rock (Petra) to sleeping out under the stars in the majestic Wadi Rum, this 8-day family adventure takes in the best of the desert kingdom of Jordan. Minimum age five.
– Price: 8 days from £1159 adult / £1089 child including flights, transport (minibus, 4WD, camel and horse), accommodation (6 nights hotel and 1 night camp), most meals (7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners) and a local group leader.
– Departure: 28 May
MALTA: Malta and Gozo Adventure
– Experience all the beauty and crystal clear waters Gozo has to offer with an altogether different day out as families live the life of a local shepherd. After touring the island by 4WD and bicycles, holidaymakers will have the opportunity to see how Gozitan shepherds tend their flock. Children will get hands on with the feeding and milking of the sheep as well as traditional cheese-making. To add to the cultural experience, a boat then takes families to the virtually deserted island of Comino with just four permanent residents. The tour finishes in Malta where families explore the capital Valletta.
– Price: 8 days from £1099 adult / £999 child including flights, transport (minibus, boat, jeep and cycling), 7 nights B&B hotel accommodation, 1 lunch and a local group leader.
– Departures: 28 May
ANDORRA: Active Pyrenees
– A great value action-packed week based in Soldeu. Whilst suitable for kids aged six year upwards, the mix of cycling, walking and white-water rafting amidst the Pyrenean Mountains makes it ideal for 10–12 year olds. Engolasters and Siscarro Lakes provide a great backdrop to the activity-filled week (tailored to suit abilities), while a 4WD adventure following an old smuggler’s route off-road, stopping off to visit farming hamlets and take in the breath-taking views, gives legs – young and old – a welcome rest.
– Price: 8 days from £769 adult / £749 child including return flights, 7 nights B&B hotel accommodation, transport (minibus, mountain bike, raft and 4WD), some meals (one lunch, six dinners) and a local group leader.
– Departure: 29 May
MOROCCO: Saharan Sands
– Get away from it all with this desrt adventure, ideal for kids aged five upwards. In addition to journeying by camel across the sand dunes and camping amongst them, families will also get to visit the UNESCO site of Ait Benhaddou – where Gladiator was filmed – and the bustling souks and alleyways of Marrakech.
– Price: 8 days from £799 adult / £799 child including flights, transport (minibus and camel), accommodation (4 nights hotel and 3 nights camping), most meals (7 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 dinners) and a local group leader.
– Departure: 29 May
To find out more about The Adventure Company’s family holidays call 0845 287 1198 or visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk/family