Dresses for Hot Summer Style!
April 27, 2010
Hard as it may seem to believe but the snows have barely melted and it’s almost time to bare your shoulders to the sun once more. So what are you going to wear when your cardigan’s back in the wardrobe? We think that these dresses from Republic are just the ticket. The summer promises to be a time to banish the blues that the cold spell and financial meltdown caused for us all, and this year’s trends are all about pretty pastels, girlie flourishes and exposing as much skin as you dare.
See the gallery below for larger images. Images numbered from left to right.
1) This gorgeous, floaty and feminine summer dress will look great with strappy sandals and well-tanned pins and costs just £27. We can’t resist it!
2) With more than a hint of extravagance about it, this stunning crochet dress from Miso still clocks in at under £35 and would suit any semi-formal occasion where you’re looking to make a splash while staying cool.
3) The resurgence of the maxi dress has been a godsend for those of us who daren’t expose our limbs to public scrutiny – or anyone who prefers a show of understated elegance. This gorgeous number is bold, vivacious and sexy and is ideal for any outdoor summer party.
4) With just a hint of flirties fifties-inspired design to it, this pretty little polka dot dress is refreshing on the eye and, we must be honest, on the thighs if there’s a breeze. A great little number to fling over a bikini on a visit to the beach. And you might like to team it up with Elvis shades and bangles to complete that classic fifties teen look (open top little deuce coupe optional)
So whatever your tastes you’re sure to find something this summer that will make you feel glad to have the sun on your shoulders and the eyes of anyone with a sense of style firmly attached to your outfit.
Written by Editor
- Fashion Trend Alert: Polka Dot Style
- MOSCHINO loves DISARONNO
- Perfect Pairing for Valentine’s Day
- Valentines Day Treats from Dove Men
- Fun Valentine’s Day Gifts from Moonpig
- Pretty Woman Dress From Peacocks
- 5 hot dresses for those sizzling summer nights!
- TOP 5 hot style tips for Summer from Anna Moore, Personal Stylist at Westfield London
- Cute Food: Waffles, Cupcakes and Bunnies!
- Hot Fashion From MTV’s The City!