EGGS-ACTLY THE WAY THEY WERE IN THE 80s
March 26, 2010
Nestlé’s new retro Easter egg range hit the shelves
For the very first time Nestlé is offering chocolate-lovers some nostalgia-filled fun by re-launching a selection of Easter Eggs which replicate some of its classic packaging from the last century. Turning its best-loved treats retro, Nestlé Confectionery is bringing its ROLO®, YORKIE® and SMARTIES® eggs back to shop shelves in their iconic packaging from 1989 and 1990 respectively.
Harking back to an era when New Kids on the Block and Vanilla Ice were flying high in the charts, Top of the Pops was still on the box and Timmy Mallet was cool, the Easter gifts are an ‘eggs-act’ replica of how they were twenty years ago. The classic styles not only appeal to those who remembered the eggs this way the first time round, but also those who appreciate all things cool from a past era.
The SMARTIES® retro egg uses the classic brown and white branding and comes with an ‘old-school’ mug, whilst the ROLO® retro egg comes with the iconic individually foiled ‘last ROLO®’ and is just as it was when it was first launched back in 1989. The YORKIE® egg is also back and packaged within its very own cardboard truck. A favourite with boys back in the late 1980s, it is now available exclusively in Tesco stores. Furthermore, all packs are made from easy-to-recycle cardboard.
Andy McQuade, Brand Manager at Nestlé Confectionery says, ““Easter is a time of year where we love to share gifts, particularly of the chocolate variety. The 80s may not have done much for us in the fashion stakes, but they did give us some fun Easter eggs. That’s why this year we’ve made replicas of some of the nation’s favourite eggs so consumers can give them to their favourite people in time for Easter”.
Written by Editor
- WIN MRS. BROWN’S BOYS LIVE TOUR: MRS. BROWN RIDES AGAIN ON BLU-RAY
- Win a perfect party season dress with Lili-London
- Win a gorgeous dress with Desire Clothing!
- Borishade London: Perfect Christmas Party Dresses
- Ho Ho Glow! Christmas gifts with St. Moriz
- Easter Goodies Galore From Lindt!
- SMARTIES® launch chocolate Chicken and Egg!
- Easter Egg Recommendations: Aero Easter Eggs!
- Nestlé Brings the MILKYBAR® Cow Back for Easter Egg-citement
- A Little Taste of Heaven for Easter