Jane Green – The Beach House Book Review
September 4, 2009
One summer a group of strangers – each with their own reason for wanting to step out of their busy life – meet at rented beachouse in sunny Nantucket. There’s Daniel, who’s causing heartbreak for his wife Bee; recently divorced Daff, who feels she’s lost touch with her daughter Jess; and Michael – son of the house’s mischievous , free-spirited owner Nan – who is having an ill-advised fling with his boss. With so many lost souls gathered under one roof, very soon there are tears and laughter, friendship and – for some – even love. Each one of them is hoping for a new beginning. But will any of them find it?
What Girlie Gossip Thought
The perfect summer read. Easy going, light reading and ideal for taking on your holiday’s or a trip to the beach. With a well rounded set of characters and the loveable ‘Nan’ it is a real girlie book that perfectly delivers.
Whilst the characters do sometimes seem a little too good to be true, it is still an entertaining and engaging summer read by a great author.
Give it a go!
Written by Editor
- Currently Coveting: Impulse Secret Smile
- Summer Haircare: Mark Hill Holiday Hair
- Summer Nail Art With imPRESS!
- Dove Father’s Day Products!
- Great British Summer Cocktails!
- Book Review: The Grave Tattoo, By Val McDermid
- Echo Falls launches Echo Falls Spritz
- Book Review: Holly’s Inbox, By Holly Denham
- Jane Green Girl Friday Book Review
- Yves St Laurent Touche Eclat Product Review + Money Off Voucher!