With over 80 years of Wall’s experience going into every single tub, Wall’s Soft Scoop is one of Britain’s best loved puddings. In a range of delicious flavours, Soft Scoop ice cream is great as an accompaniment to hot or cold dishes or delicious simply on its own, making it a winner with all the family.
So who better to create a series of fun, seasonal Soft Scoop recipes than TV chef and star of Ready Steady Cook and This Morning, Lesley Waters? Being a mum of two herself, Lesley created a range of family friendly recipes that kids will enjoy making as much as they do eating.
The recipes are a series of four seasonally themed dishes for any occasion. The whole family can be involved in creating an extravagant Neopolitan trifle or getting some help with their five-a-day with the fruit filled summer pudding. Kids will love making and eating our spooky take on the classic banana split and the delicious croissant dessert.
Lesley commented, “Wall’s is a British food institution, so I was delighted when they asked me to design a range of recipes using their classic Soft Scoop. While designing them, I had my family front of mind, thinking about what I would enjoy making with my children and I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed putting them together.”
Neopolitan Ice Cream Trifle
You can whip up this luscious Neapolitan ice cream pudding in minutes, making it perfect for busy mums. Use your favourite chocolate. Any Wall’s Soft Scoop flavour ice cream will work well in this trifle.
250g/8oz ready-made ginger cake
8 scoops Wall’s Soft Scoop Neapolitan ice cream
100g/4oz Chocolate, melted
2tbsp blanched pistachios, chopped
1. Mash half the strawberries with a fork to make a fruity sauce and set aside. Slice the remaining strawberries
2. Cut the ginger cake into small cubes
3. Layer the ice cream, ginger cake, sliced strawberries and strawberry sauce into 4 tall, chilled glasses
4. Top with the melted chocolate and finish with pistachios. Serve straight away
Summer Iced Puddings
These individual iced summer puddings are so simple to make – yet look so stylish. Kids will love mashing the meringues and making the mixture.
350g/12oz Wall’s Soft Scoop Raspberry Ripple ice cream
4, ready- made meringue nests
115g/4oz strawberries, hulled and quartered + extra for decorating
2tsp runny honey
1. Line 4 x 150ml ramekin dishes or freezer-proof teacups with cling film and set to one side.
2. Place the Raspberry Ripple ice cream in a bowl and crumble over the meringues. Add the strawberries and half of the raspberries and gently fold in
3. Spoon the mixture equally between the 4 prepared ramekins or teacups and level out. Cover well with cling film and place in the freezer for 1 ¼ hours
4. Meanwhile make the raspberry sauce. Place the remaining raspberries in a blender with 15ml/1tbsp water and whiz until smooth. Stir in the honey
5. Turn the iced puddings out on to serving plates and remove the cling-film. Drizzle each with the raspberry sauce and arrange a few extra strawberries alongside or on top. Serve straight away
All wizards and witches need a sweet feast! Give them a hot banana split, filled with creamy Soft Scoop Vanilla ice cream and clusters of crunchy popcorn and let the spooky party begin.
4 x medium sized bananas
4 scoops Wall’s Soft Scoop Vanilla ice cream
100g/3 ½ oz toffee popcorn
2tbsp golden syrup or runny honey
1. Place the whole bananas on the barbeque or place on a baking tray in a preheated oven 190C/ 375F/Gas 5 and bake for 8-10 minutes until the bananas are black and softened
2. Put the ice cream in a bowl and gently stir in two thirds of the popcorn
3. Split each banana down the middle in its skin and open out to expose the creamy flesh
4. Place on a serving plate and spoon the ice cream mixture into each split banana
5. Top each with a little extra popcorn and a drizzling of golden syrup or honey. Serve straight away
Ice Cream Croissant
Want a delicious alternative to Christmas pud or a fun brunch addition? It’s one that children and adults alike will love!
4 plain croissants, split
2 bananas, sliced
100g/3 ½ oz blueberries
4 scoops Walls Soft Scoop Vanilla ice cream
55g/2oz dark chocolate, melted
Icing sugar to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
2. Fill the plain split croissants with the sliced banana. Place on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 3-4 minutes
3. Remove from oven and fill each with a scoop of Soft Scoop Vanilla ice cream and blueberries
4. Place on serving plate and drizzle each with a little melted chocolate. Dust with icing sugar just before serving