Louise Bagshawe Destiny Review
April 7, 2011
Orphan Kate Fox is determined to make her mark in the world, and with her gorgeous looks, what better way to secure her future than to marry money? When she attracts the attention of media mogul Marcus Broder – sophisticated, powerful and wealthy beyond measure – it seems as though all of Kate’s dreams have come true.
But marriage to Marcus isn’t everything she imagined. A closet filled with designer clothes, and nothing to do with her time but shop, lunch and be beautiful, does not bring happiness. Before long, Kate wants out of her marriage, a career of her own, and a chance at love. But Kate’s reputation as a gold-digger is sealed. Ruthlessly pursued by Marcus, who will stop at nothing to destroy her, Kate knows she has to defeat her past if she is to win the trust of the man she loves.
What Girlie Gossip Thought…
This was one of our favourite books in a long time, the very start catapult’s you in to Kate Fox’s glamorous world and doesn’t let up. Putting us right in the middle of every girl’s dream life, filled with shoes, designer clothes and rich (hot!) men it is a fast paced, thrilling ride of a story that sees a strong female character determined to make her mark on the world. We enjoyed being part of Kate’s journey as she learned that maybe her initial dreams weren’t all they were cracked up to be and we found the magazine editing aspect of the story to be accurate, fun and a joy to read, especially when you’ve worked in the editing industry before! There was a good dose of romance, raw emotion and a kick of feisty spirit in every key player.
Destiny is the perfect summer read and absolutely, positively should be made into a big budget Hollywood movie. Someone PLEASE make this happen!
Written by Editor
- WIN MRS. BROWN’S BOYS LIVE TOUR: MRS. BROWN RIDES AGAIN ON BLU-RAY
- Win a perfect party season dress with Lili-London
- Win a gorgeous dress with Desire Clothing!
- Borishade London: Perfect Christmas Party Dresses
- Ho Ho Glow! Christmas gifts with St. Moriz
- The Seven Year Itch by Kate Morris
- Tween Fashion – Another Cinderella Story – out on DVD 27th October.
- Cheryl Cole To Get Topshop Line?
- Orphan DVD – Christmas Gifting For Horror Fans
- Peacocks launches the UK’s first £14 “Kate” dress