Mr Reem Starts A Fashion Trend
May 19, 2011
Peacocks, the UKs hottest value fashion retailer reports a mens shorts boom, with sales up 140 per cent on the year, after TOWIE toy boy Joey Essex revived the fifties classic on last weeks hit show.
The current series of TOWIE might be over, however blokes are keeping the Essex look alive, with a record EIGHT pairs of floral swim shorts £8 sold every minute at Peacocks 550 stores nationwide and online.
Mens floral shorts at Peacocks Essex stores in Brentwood and Romford have experienced the highest rise in sales, currently up by (a far from skimpy) 450 per cent on the year. To cope with the rise in demand, Peacocks has increased stock levels of mens shorts in its Essex stores to avoid disappointing customers looking to join this seasons reem team.
Ben Smith, Head of Menswear at Peacocks said: ”The Only Way is Essex may have seen sales rocket of fake tan and lashes but it’s not just female shoppers who are getting in the TOWIE mood. Since shorts have become a staple item for one of the cast sales really have rocketted. We’ve reached high summer levels of sales and it’s only May.
“The Essex effect combined with the fact that the catwalks also gave men’s floral shorts the thumbs up, means that while the first day of summer is still over a month away men really are showing their love for shorts, and their knees.
Written by Andy
- WIN MRS. BROWN’S BOYS LIVE TOUR: MRS. BROWN RIDES AGAIN ON BLU-RAY
- Win a perfect party season dress with Lili-London
- Win a gorgeous dress with Desire Clothing!
- Borishade London: Perfect Christmas Party Dresses
- Ho Ho Glow! Christmas gifts with St. Moriz
- MUGS – The New Men’s Fashion Trend?
- Peacocks – The Royal Fascination
- Peacocks Bags a Bargain!
- Peacocks’ £40 dipped hem military coat!
- TOWIE Vs Made In Chelsea