Red Bull Flugtag 2011
April 29, 2011
Red Bull Flugtag is coming back to the UK this year, Red Bull Flugtag challenges the brave and brainy to design, build and pilot home-made flying machines off a 30-foot high flight deck in hopes of soaring into the wild blue yonder…or more often, plunging into the waters below. Flugtag, which means “flying day” in German, pushes the envelope of human-powered flight, but competitors need more than airtime to reach the podium. Teams are judged on three criteria: flight distance, creativity of the craft, and showmanship. This criteria has inspired flying tacos, prehistoric pterodactyls, winnebagos with wings and even Snoopy and the gang to grace the Flugtag flight decks! Since the first Red Bull Flugtag took place in Vienna, Austria, in 1991, almost 100 Red Bull Flugtags have been held around the globe, attracting up to 300,000 spectators for a single event.
The event calls for the country’s most outrageous flight innovators to design, construct and fly their wacky flying machines off the special runway over the lake at Roundhay Park in Leeds on 17th July 2011 – check out www.redbull.co.uk/flugtag for more info, or watch the tongue in cheek instructional video below.
Written by Andy
- For Men: Trevor Sorbie Christmas Gift Sets
- Fab Stocking Filler Picks from Cargo!
- Christmas Gift Ideas From Jelly Belly!
- Give the gift of ‘Man of Steel’ this Christmas!
- WIN MRS. BROWN’S BOYS LIVE TOUR: MRS. BROWN RIDES AGAIN ON BLU-RAY
- Red Bull Cola
- Hervé Léger Femme From Avon
- Win a SIGNED Copy of Will Young’s New Album Let it Go!
- New Longleat Attractions for 2011!
- SodaStream Breaks Into Fashion