Red Bull Flugtag 2011
April 29, 2011
Red Bull Flugtag is coming back to the UK this year, Red Bull Flugtag challenges the brave and brainy to design, build and pilot home-made flying machines off a 30-foot high flight deck in hopes of soaring into the wild blue yonder…or more often, plunging into the waters below. Flugtag, which means “flying day” in German, pushes the envelope of human-powered flight, but competitors need more than airtime to reach the podium. Teams are judged on three criteria: flight distance, creativity of the craft, and showmanship. This criteria has inspired flying tacos, prehistoric pterodactyls, winnebagos with wings and even Snoopy and the gang to grace the Flugtag flight decks! Since the first Red Bull Flugtag took place in Vienna, Austria, in 1991, almost 100 Red Bull Flugtags have been held around the globe, attracting up to 300,000 spectators for a single event.
The event calls for the country’s most outrageous flight innovators to design, construct and fly their wacky flying machines off the special runway over the lake at Roundhay Park in Leeds on 17th July 2011 – check out www.redbull.co.uk/flugtag for more info, or watch the tongue in cheek instructional video below.
Written by Andy
- How to Get Over a Break Up
- Expensive Whiskies Come Up Short As Aldi Whisks Away Top Award!
- Father’s Day with Radox
- Father’s Day Gifting with Glenﬁddich
- DVD’s for Dad! Trouble with the Curve
- Red Bull Cola
- Hervé Léger Femme From Avon
- Win a SIGNED Copy of Will Young’s New Album Let it Go!
- New Longleat Attractions for 2011!
- SodaStream Breaks Into Fashion