Rumour Has it by Jill Mansell Book Review
February 4, 2009
A sweet, funny and romantic novel from the Sunday Times No. 1 bestseller.
When newly single Tilly Cole impulsively quits her London job for a fresh start in the small town of Roxborough she finds she’s arrived in a hotbed of gossip, intrigue and rampant rivalry for the most desirable men. Tilly has no intention of joining in – she’s just happy with her new Girl Friday job. Then she meets Jack Lucas. Jack is irresistible… and he’s got his eye on Tilly. But there are shocking rumours about his wicked reputation. Tilly doesn’t want to be just another notch on anyone’s bedpost. But is she being mature and sensible – or is she running away from the love of her life?
What Girlie Gossip Thought…
Women’s fiction is greatly improving and Jill Mansell is a perfect example of a writer who caters perfectly for her audience and doesn’t fob us off with dumbed down overly soppy romantic stories. What Rumour Has It brings to the table is a fun, witty and thoroughly enjoyable read focusing on the life of Tilly Cole, her work life, love life and friends. It is a real page turner that deliver’s the odd element of surprise as well as some very well crafter character’s. Tilly herself is easy to identify with, and the charming Jack Lucas makes things all the more exciting!
For some strange reason whilst reading the book myself I was picturing Jack along the same kind of lines as Jack Branning from Eastenders (must be the name thing) and that’s the image I kept getting of him in my head whilst reading along! I’m sure that’s just me watching far to may soaps for my own good, but either way Rumour has it is a fabulous, entertaining women’s fiction book that you won’t be able to put down! Highly recommended!
Written by Editor
- Delicious Last Minute Easter Treats and Gifts
- Last Minute LUSH Easter Gift Ideas
- Treat Mum to a gorgeous Mother’s Day gift from the Biscuiteers
- Mother’s Day Skincare and Make-up Gift Guide
- Top Picks: Mother’s Day Flowers
- The Secret Life of Evie Hamilton by Catherine Alliott
- Book Review: Relentless, By Simon Kernick
- What Happens in Vegas Review Starring Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz
- Jane Green – The Beach House Book Review
- Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern Book Review