Soap & Glory the makers of many lovely smelling beauty products and shower gels are getting ethical, and suggesting ways in which we can all save water whilst in the shower.
In a sustainability meeting last year specialists told the Soap & Glory guys that a problem we will all be facing in the near future is water shortage, and as a responsible company that sells a shed load of shower products they are trying to get people thinking about just how much water we waste when we wash, the main part of their program is the 2-minute rinse ™
- leaving the tap running While you brush your teeth Can Waste up to 6 litres o Water
- Climate Change is estimated to reduce the available Water For london by over 100,000,000 litres a day by 2025
- showers use on average 9 litres of Water Per minute.
- Water use (in the Western World) has increased, on average 70% since 1970
- Two Thirds of the Water used in a uk home is used in the bathroom.(Yikes!)
- the uk Government Wants People’s Personal Consumption to reduce From 150 litres to 130 litres
So the message is clear, were all guilty of wasting too much water, but with a little thought we could probably save loads, head over to the Soap & Glory facebook page for more tips and info on the the 2-minute rinse ™ and also your chance to win some awesome prizes just for uploading your own 2 minute rinse.