Go! Get it November 10th
“By comparison, Pixar’s Cars is pedestrian” The Sun****
“Fabulous family entertainment” Sunday Mirror****
“Thrilling” The Daily Telegraph
In a world built for speed, winning is everything and on November 10th, Speed Racer brings the fast, adrenalin-fuelled world of racing to life amidst an amazing array of magical special effects. A perfect gift for boys, this action packed family movie proves to perfection that if you have a dream, you can battle against the bad guys and win. Go Speed Racer, Go!!
Speed Racer’s all-star line up is lead by Emile Hirsch (Into The Wild, Alpha Dog), Christina Ricci (The Addams Family, Sleepy Hollow), Matthew Fox (TV’s Lost), John Goodman (Bee Movie, Cars) and Susan Sarandon (Enchanted, Mr Woodcock). Asian pop superstar Ji Hoon Jung (popularly known as “Rain”) makes his major feature film debut, but stealing the show is Speed Racer’s car, the thundering, unstoppable Mach 5 that gives Speed the edge to beat all the bad guys in his way. Written and directed by The Wachowski Brothers (The Matrix trilogy), this high-octane, action packed family adventure will have you revved-up and on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
Speed Racer (Emile Hirsch) is a teenage boy who always dreamed of living life in the fast lane. Racing is in his blood. His brother, record-breaking driver Rex Racer (Scott Porter – Prom Night, Music & Lyrics) was tragically killed when Speed was just a young boy, during the treacherous Casa Cristo cross-country rally race; notorious for intense driving and foul play.
Now, Speed is taking the racing world by storm with his finely tuned, artistic driving skills. His weapon of choice is the beautifully crafted, lightning-fast ‘Mach 5’ race car, designed by his father. But when the power-hungry, maniacal Mr.
Royalton (Roger Allam – V For Vendetta, A Cock And Bull Story), owner of the evil conglomerate Royalton Industries, offers Speed a lucrative racing contract, Speed declines, believing in the art of the race over financial gain, and remains loyal to the family business. Royalton reveals that some of the biggest races are being fixed by a handful of ruthless moguls who manipulate the top drivers to boost profits and if Speed won’t drive for Royalton, he will see to it that the Mach 5 never crosses another finish line again.
Teaming up with his girlfriend Trixie (Christina Ricci), his one-time rival, enigmatic Racer X (Matthew Fox) and shifty Japanese racer Taejo Togokhan (Rain), Speed must win the Casa Cristo to expose Royalton’s treacherous stranglehold on the racing world.
Will Speed overcome Royalton’s wrath, fulfil his brother’s legacy and save the future of racing?
Heart thumping and spectacular pedal to the metal action for young boys that magically brings to life the wonderful world of comic strip adventures, Speed Racer is the ultimate boy-racer hero!
Check out the links below for more info!
Official site: www.warnerbros.co.uk/mach5/
© 2008 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
To be in with a chance of winning a fab goodie bag of Speed Racer Prizes and a copy of the DVD then answer the question below and email it us using the contact form below. Please make sure you include your name, girlie gossip username and email address that we can contact you back on if you win!
Question: Racer X, a mysterious, masked figure who looks out for Speed, is played by this star of the hit TV show Lost. Who is he?
Good luck! Competition Closes December 1st 2008.
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Excessive multiple entries from the same email account pertaining to be representative of friends and family will also be disqualified at the judges discretion.
4. No automated entries or third party are permitted!
5. Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
6. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated
7. Winners will be chosen at random, by computer, from all correct and valid entries to the competition
8. Winners will be contacted via email and must reply and claim their prize within 7 working days or the prize will be awarded to another entrant at random.
9. We are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
10. The Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered in to.