Summer Holiday Survival Tips
August 2, 2010
With the kid’s summer holidays now started for most of us we thought you might be in need of some top tips for summer holiday survival! Girlie Gossip is on hand with our top 5 list of summer holiday survival tips.
1) Find cheap activities for children. Collecting assorted boxes, cardboard tubes and paints etc over the course of a few weeks means that you will have a nice selection for the kids to get creative with whilst they are home. Great for some ‘winding down’ time after they’ve been running around with their friends, or perhaps just driving you mad!
2) Special offers. Look out for special offers on dining out, entrance to the UK’s top attractions and more. You’ll be surprised how much you can save if you search online!
3) Book a holiday. You can now get many deals on holidays, even in the kids break. Try last minute deals to bag yourself a bargain, it’s even possible to get cheap travel insurance easily now to keep costs low.
4) Walking and Riding. Exercise is important, so it’s always a great idea to get some activities planned that involve walking or cycling places. It uses up plenty of time and is a great fun family pastime! Why not pack a picnic and make a day of it?
5) Spontaneous trips and activities. Surprise your kids with fun things to do or places to go on the spur of the moment. It doesn’t have to be anything big, maybe just a cinema trip or a local park. Keep things exciting and hopefully reduce those ‘I’m bored’ comments in the process!
Hopefully you’ve found this useful, feel free to leave a comment with your own tips below, we’d love to hear them!
Written by Editor
- Currently Coveting: Impulse Secret Smile
- Summer Haircare: Mark Hill Holiday Hair
- Summer Nail Art With imPRESS!
- Dove Father’s Day Products!
- Great British Summer Cocktails!
- Summer Money Saving with Girlie Gossip!
- Top 5 Eco Friendly Tips of the Month!
- Clubbing Holidays – Are they right for You?
- Crown Paint Offers Top Tips on How to Improve Your Home
- The Insider’s Guide to Cyprus