It won’t have escaped your attention that the high street is full of colourful swimwear ready for you to hit the beach, but how do you decide what shape is best for you?
Mark Warner specialise in activity holidays across Europe and have teamed up with the UK’s swimwear specialists, SwimHut.com. They’ve put together a guide to choosing the right swimwear for your shape and your partners! Their advice includes…
Consider your swimwear requirements:
• Will you be doing lots of swimming or are you focusing on sunbathing and looking fabulous?
• Do you plan to take part in any water sports – if so, you may need an option that is practical as well as stylish
• If you’re holidaying with your children remember you may have to do a lot of running around the pool, so invest in some fabulous kaftans and cover ups for extra comfort – or think about buying a tankini and bikini that match so you have flexibility while poolside.
• Remember that accessories can really bring a piece of swimwear to life.
Choosing styles to suit your body shape:
• If you’re pear-shaped…don’t be afraid to show more not less of your hips and legs. Although banded pants give you extra coverage and flexibility, making legs longer and leaner and giving definition to the waistline, tie side pants can often give you a more streamlined shape and take the focus away from the hip area. Also try a darker coloured pant with brighter top to flatter the figure – a reversible bikini may give you all the options you need. SwimHut also has a terrific range of matching skirts, wraps and shirts so that you look fabulous and feel confident walking around the beach as well!
• If you’re petite…a halter bikini with underwire, fixed or removable padding or underbust band could be what you’re looking for to enhance your shape. BoyLeg pants can also be particularly flattering. Try swimwear with strong patterns or detail and contrasting colours.
• If you have an athletic build…a tankini or bikini with BoyLeg or drawstring pants are surprisingly flattering for narrow hips, as the extra fabric and styling will give your hips more width while complementing your build.
• If you’re a tall and thin man….you should opt for longer boardshorts, but make sure they are not overly baggy.
There are plenty more tips and an exclusive discount voucher on the Mark Warner holiday blog. Take a look and don’t panic about your visit to the shops for a bikini this year! http://www.markwarner.co.uk/guest-lounge/blog-home/blog