The Perfect New Year’s Fizz!
December 19, 2009
What better way to celebrate New Year’s than to pop a cork of a sparkling wine fit for a Queen!
Reina Maria Cristina 2007 is an elegant premium sparkling wine from Codorníu, Spain’s favourite sparkling wine maker, and was created in honour of the Regent Queen Maria Cristina of Spain who granted Codorníu its royal supplier status.
Reina Maria Cristina 2007 is made in a stunning modernist winery just outside of Barcelona which was designed by Catalonian architect Josep Puig i Cadafalch, a contemporary of Gaudi. This exquisite sparkling wine combines the elegance of Chardonnay, with a trio of traditional Spanish grapes – Macabeo, Parellada and Xarel.lo.
A vintage sparkling Reina Maria Cristina 2007 is mouth-wateringly refreshing with an intense fresh aroma of tropical fruit and apple as well as honey and toasty notes. Perfect on its own but also great with food – baked fish, white meat and rice dishes complement this sparkling wine wonderfully.
Codorníu Reina Maria Cristina Reserva Vintage Brut 2007 has a RRP £18.99
It is also on promotion at Majestic to £9.99 (when you buy a minimum of two bottles)
Written by Editor
- Delicious Last Minute Easter Treats and Gifts
- Last Minute LUSH Easter Gift Ideas
- Treat Mum to a gorgeous Mother’s Day gift from the Biscuiteers
- Mother’s Day Skincare and Make-up Gift Guide
- Top Picks: Mother’s Day Flowers
- Reina Maria Cristina – Codorniu Sparkling Wine For Mother’s Day!
- Ideal Summer Wines!
- Mother’s Day Wine Ideas!
- Spark some Romance with Valentine’s Day Wines!
- Bright and Breezy Summer – New Tia Breeze ‘Sundowner’