TERRY GILLIAM’S MODERN-DAY FANTASY-ADVENTURE “THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS” WILL LIGHT UP BRITAIN’S CINEMA SCREENS FROM 16 OCTOBER, 2009
Heath Ledger, Christopher Plummer, Verne Troyer, Andrew Garfield, Lily Cole and Tom Waits star with Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell
One of the most talked-about films of recent years, Terry Gilliam’s THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS, will open in cinemas across the United Kingdom on 16 October, 2009. The spectacular modern-day fantasy adventure, which was recently selected for a special out-of-competition screening at the Cannes Film Festival, is distributed by Lionsgate UK.
THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS is a fantastical morality tale, set in the present-day. It tells the story of Dr. Parnassus and his extraordinary ‘Imaginarium’, a travelling show where members of the audience get an irresistible opportunity to choose between light and joy or darkness and gloom. Blessed with the extraordinary gift of guiding the imaginations of others, Doctor Parnassus is cursed with a dark secret. An inveterate gambler, thousands of years ago he made a bet with the devil, Mr. Nick, in which he won immortality. Centuries later, on meeting his one true love, Dr. Parnassus made another deal with the devil, trading his immortality for youth, on condition that when his daughter reached her 16th birthday, she would become the property of Mr Nick.
Valentina is now rapidly approaching this ‘coming of age’ milestone and Dr. Parnassus is desperate to protect her from her impending fate. Mr. Nick arrives to collect but, always keen to make a bet, renegotiates the wager. Now the winner of Valentina will be determined by whoever seduces the first five souls. Enlisting a series of wild, comical and compelling characters in his journey, Dr. Parnassus promises his daughter’s hand in marriage to the man that helps him win. In this captivating, explosive and wonderfully imaginative race against time, Dr. Parnassus must fight to save his daughter in a never-ending landscape of surreal obstacles – and undo the mistakes of his past once and for all!
Samuel Hadida presents an Infinity Features Entertainment Production, a Poo Poo Pictures Production in association with Davis Films Productions, THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS, starring Heath Ledger, Christopher Plummer, Verne Troyer, Andrew Garfield, Lily Cole and Tom Waits, with Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law. Directed by Terry Gilliam, the film is written by Terry Gilliam and Charles McKeown and produced by William Vince, Amy Gilliam, Samuel Hadida and Terry Gilliam, with Victor Hadida and Dave Valleau as executive producers.
THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS is released in the United Kingdom and Eire by Lionsgate UK
Lionsgate is the premier independent producer and distributor of motion pictures, television programming, home entertainment, family entertainment and video-on-demand content.
We have x2 tickets up for grabs for one lucky girlie gossip member to attend the star studded London premiere of this fantastic movie on October 6th all you have to do, to be in with a chance of winning is contact us via the form below along with your Girlie Gossip username, full name, address and contact number. One winner will then be chosen at random on 2nd October 2009.
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Excessive multiple entries from the same email account pertaining to be representative of friends and family will also be disqualified at the judges discretion.
4. No automated entries or third party are permitted!
5. Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
6. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated
7. Winners will be chosen at random, from all correct and valid entries to the competition
8. Once the competition closes we will email you and you will have one week to claim your prize, or your prize will be forfeit, and offered to the next available winner.
9. We are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
10. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.