The No 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency (cert 12) is the charming story of a female detective agency based in Botswana. This stunning film directed by Anthony Minghella and scripted by Richard Curtis is available to purchase now! To celebrate its release we’re giving you the chance to win a copy of the film on DVD, plus a Rough Guide to South Africa.
Precious Ramotswe (played by Grammy award-winning singer Jill Scott), sells her late father’s cows and moves to the city to become Botswana’s finest – and only – female private detective. Her methods may be unconventional but she’s got warmth, wit and canny intuition on her side, not to mention the support of her friends Mr JLB Matekoni (Lucian Msanati), proprietor of Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors and Mma Makutsi (Anika Noni Rose, Dreamgirls), the fastest-typing secretary in Gaborone. Precious is going to need as much help as she can get to solve the mysteries of a missing finger, a dubious daddy, and a cheating husband as she heads into dark and dangerous territory on the trail of a missing child…
This uplifting and enchanting tale is produced by Academy Award winning filmmaker Sydney Pollack and Timothy Bricknell (Cold Mountain) for Mirage Productions along with Amy Moore.
Rough Guides publish 300 travel titles, maps and phrasebooks and over 60 reference books on topics ranging from Climate Change to Classic novels. If you are not lucky enough to win a Rough Guide to South Africa you can order a copy from www.roughguides.com
For more information on the film and to join the Facebook group click here
© 2007 The Weinstein Company LLC. Distributed in the UK by Contender Home Entertainment 2008
To be in with a chance of winning simply tell us: Where is this charming story of a female detective agency based?
Please email us your answer using the contact form below along with your contact details!
Winners will be chosen at random and contacted on or after December 8th. Good luck!
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Excessive multiple entries from the same email account pertaining to be representative of friends and family will also be disqualified at the judges discretion.
4. No automated entries or third party are permitted!
5. Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
6. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated
7. Winners will be chosen at random, by computer, from all correct and valid entries to the competition
8. Winners will be contacted via email and must reply and claim their prize within 7 working days or the prize will be awarded to another entrant at random.
9. We are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
10. The Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered in to.