Diana Vickers is about to kick off her pop career in fine style with the release of her debut album out now, through RCA Records.
‘Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree’ is the result of over a year’s worth of work for Diana with an amazing array of co-writers and producers. ‘Right from the start RCA were interested in the fact that I wrote lyrics, I could play more than one instrument and that I wanted to make a record that could have only been made by me’, says Diana. And it’s that strong creative input, something of a rarity for an X Factor alumni, that sees her album hold together so well for a debut.
The list of collaborators is as impressive as it is surprising, with Ellie Goulding, Lightspeed Champion, Nerina Pallot, Starsmith, Guy Sigsworth and Cathy Dennis all helping to give the record its mature shape. But it’s Diana herself who keeps it box-fresh youthful. Her work with Hackney digi-folk troubadour Lightspeed Champion on ‘Me and You’ has produced probably the straightest pop song on the record, ironically with her most unusual collaboration. Ellie Goulding’s co-write ‘Remake Me and You’ meanwhile, is the strangest cut on the record – a jittery stop-start electro boogie that lodges itself straight in the head.
The lead single is Cathy Dennis and Eg White’s ‘Once’ (released April 19th), which from the original demo has been re-arranged to Diana’s bespoke measurements and builds to a gob-stopping crescendo in the first minute.
It hasn’t just been Diana’s album that’s been keeping her busy throughout 2009, as she’s been winning rave reviews in the lead role in the West End revival of Little Voice.
Diana is on tour in May and supporting JLS in July – go to www.dianavickersmusic.com for full list of dates
We Have x5 copies of this fab album up for grabs to lucky Girlie Gossip members! All you have to do, to be in with a chance of winning is answer the simple question below and send it us using the contact form provided. Please include your Girlie Gossip username and email address so we can notify you if you win!
What is the name of Diana’s first Album?
A) Songs from under the bed
B) Undercover Songs
C) Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree
Competition closes June 3rd 2010 Good Luck!
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Excessive multiple entries from the same email account pertaining to be representative of friends and family will also be disqualified at the judges discretion.
4. No automated entries or third party are permitted!
5. Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
6. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated
7. Winners will be chosen at random, from all correct and valid entries to the competition
8. Once the competition closes we will email you and you will have one week to claim your prize, or your prize will be forfeit, and offered to the next available winner.
9. We are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
10. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.