Released 17 November 2008 by NBC Universal
As they wave goodbye to a hugely successful 30-year career as Britain’s most celebrated female comedy double-act, November 17 sees the release of French & Saunders swansong show ‘Still Alive’ on DVD.
Recorded earlier this year during their farewell UK tour, the show features the best of French & Saunders’ characters and sketches from the three decades that they have been making people laugh, together with brand new material written by the first ladies of comedy.
Jennifer said, “We had such a great time touring the UK. We blended the best of our old material with the new and crammed it all into a couple of hours of great fun. It was going back to basics for us and what we do best.”
Dawn added, “There’s nothing like a live audience to change the colour of your pants!”
The long-awaited farewell tour, their first in seven years, was a sell-out hit across the UK and heralded by the press:
‘Fun-filled farewell is Ab-Fab!’ – Daily Mirror
‘Over three decades, its remarkable how consistently funny they have been’ – Independent on Sunday
‘It will be another age before any double-act comes close to rivalling their achievement’ – Daily Telegraph
The DVD is the perfect chance for those who couldn’t get tickets for the tour and for those who just want to relive the hilarious moments from the show to watch the duo over and over again.
French & Saunders: Still Alive – The Farewell Tour DVD 2008 is priced at £19.99.
© 2008 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Universal Pictures UK is a division of Universal Pictures International Entertainment, which is part of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80% owned by General Electric and 20% owned by Vivendi.
Win yourself one of 3 copies of this fab DVD by answering the following question and emailing us the answer using the contact form below!
Q – What Hit TV Series has Dawn French starred in?
a) The Vicar of Dibley
b) The Vicar of Stibley
c) The Vicar of Oz
Good luck! Competition closes DEC 11th 2008
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Excessive multiple entries from the same email account pertaining to be representative of friends and family will also be disqualified at the judges discretion.
4. No automated entries or third party are permitted!
5. Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
6. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated
7. Winners will be chosen at random, by computer, from all correct and valid entries to the competition
8. Winners will be contacted via email and must reply and claim their prize within 7 working days or the prize will be awarded to another entrant at random.
9. We are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
10. The Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered in to.