Award winning stand up back with first DVD release in three years
Lee Evans, arguably Britain’s best loved stand up comedian, celebrates his biggest tour to date with an accompanying DVD release, Lee Evans – Big – Live at the O2, on Monday 24th November.
The long awaited DVD, Lee’s first in three years, marks the culmination of a colossal nationwide tour that has seen Lee play an incredible 59 arena dates across 13 cities, playing to 500,000 people. The DVD is recorded in front of a 16,000 capacity crowd at the O2 Arena as part of his 5 sell out nights at the venue. He also played a further 5 sell out nights at Wembley Arena, which brought his audience in London alone to over 130,000 people, a UK record. To celebrate this milestone, Lee also unveiled at plaque at Wembley Arena in the Square of Fame.
This new DVD is the perfect purchase for fans looking to relive Lee’s trademark gags, as well as comedy lovers seeking a serving of yuletide merriment. Lee Evans – Big – Live at the O2 is a second chance for those that missed the tour to capture all of the comic capers. With Lee’s trademark rants more fast and furious than ever before, Britain’s most energetic comic is at his very best.
Over two hours, Lee unleashes his uncanny observations on life’s little annoyances in his own unique and frantically physical way. As well as the DVD, a CD and audible DTO will also be released on 24th November. DVD extras include the making of the underwater scenes on the DVD and backstage footage featuring Lee in rehearsal.
Lee boasts an astonishing popularity, sealed when he picked up a Guinness World Record in 2005 for accumulating the largest ever comedy audience, an award he was presented with in Manchester at the MEN Arena.
Not only a critically acclaimed stand up artist, Lee was Olivier nominated for his performance on the West End in The Producers, and took on starring roles in movies including There’s Something About Mary, MouseHunt and The Martins.
More information on the ‘Lee Evans – Big – UK Tour 2008’ is available at the
website at www.offthekerb.co.uk.
To be in with a chance of winning one of these fab DVD’s simply leave us a comment in the box below, you could tell us what you think of the site, your favourite joke or why you love Lee Evans! Get involved, get commenting and get winning!
Winners will be chosen at random from all comments received on this article! Competition closes 7th December 2008
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Excessive multiple entries from the same email account pertaining to be representative of friends and family will also be disqualified at the judges discretion.
4. No automated entries or third party are permitted!
5. Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
6. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated
7. Winners will be chosen at random, by computer, from all correct and valid entries to the competition
8. Winners will be contacted via email and must reply and claim their prize within 7 working days or the prize will be awarded to another entrant at random.
9. We are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
10. The Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered in to.