Released on DVD and Blu Ray 20 October 2008
“Greatest Independent Film of all time”
From the opening discussion on Madonna’s Like a Virgin to the iconic ear-cutting scene, RESERVOIR DOGS 2 DISC COLLECTORS EDITION with its ensemble cast of Harvey Keitel (Taxi Driver, Pulp Fiction), Tim Roth (Pulp Fiction), Michael Madsen (Kill Bill Vol1 and 2, Sin City), Chris Penn (True Romance), Steve Buscemi (Con Air, The Big Lebowski) and Lawrence Tierney (Dillinger, Armageddon) is the quintessential Tarantino masterpiece, that is now available for the first time to own on 2 disc collector’s edition DVD released by Lionsgate Home Entertainment on 20 October 2008.
The iconic story follows a group of gangsters, only referring to each other by the colour-coded pseudonyms, and the aftermath of their failed attempt at a jewellery heist. The survivors meet in an abandoned warehouse and the tension soon increases as they suspect one of them is a rat. Packed with some the most memorable lines in film history, RESERVOIR DOGS is undoubtedly one of the most influential films of all time.
RESERVOIR DOGS was the directorial debut, by the then unknown former video store clerk, Quentin Tarantino and is a brutally funny, supercharged introduction to his supremely distinct cinematic vision, which was later to become one of the most mimicked styles of the film world – this is the ultimate must have DVD in any film collection.
RESERVOIR DOGS 2 DISC COLLECTORS EDITION is available for the first time in limited edition petrol can packaging with matchbook inlay and a plethora of brand new extras including; Exclusive Original Art Cards, Commentary with Quentin Tarantino, The Critics’ Commentary, Reservoir Dogs Style Guide, Tipping Guide, Pulp Factoid Viewer, Playing it Fast and Lose, K Billy Super Sounds of the ‘70s, Interviews with cast and crew, plus much more.
Limited edition petrol can steel case with matchbox inlay
Collector’s art cards
Newly remastered/6.1 DTS-ES audio/5.1 Digital Surround EX audio
Pulp Factoid Viewer
Playing It Fast and Loose
Commentary with Quentin Tarantino, cast and crew
The Critics’ Commentary
Profiling the Reservoir Dogs
Class of ’92 – Sundance interviews
Tarantino’s Sundance Institute Film-makers Lab
An Introduction to Film Noir – Writers and Film-makers feature
Securing the Shot – Location Scouting with Billy Fox
Reservoir Dogs style guide
Dedications – Tarantino on his influences
Interviews with Quentin Tarantino and others
K-Billy Super Sounds of the ‘70s
Title: Reservoir Dogs
Release Date: 20 October 2008
Distributor: Lions Gate Home Entertainment
Genre: Cult Classic
RRP: DVD: £19.99 Blu-Ray: 24.99
DVD cat no. LGD94064
DVD barcode 5060052415837
Blu-ray cat. no LGB94064
Blu-ray barcode 5060052415851
Audio Newly remastered/6.1 DTS-ES audio/5.1 Digital Surround EX audio
Aspect Ratio 16:9 Widescreen / Colour
Run Time 95 mins approx
Copyright: © 2008 Lions Gate Home Entertainment UK Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Girlie Gossip are now offering our readers the chance to bag themselves a copy of this amazing DVD – Perfect for the hubby’s christmas stocking if you win!! All you have to do is answer the following question:
Which of the films below is NOT a Quentin Tarantino film?
a) Reservoir Dogs
b) Kill Bill
c) Nightmare on elm street.
Competition Closes 12th November 2008 – Good luck!
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Excessive multiple entries from the same email account pertaining to be representative of friends and family will also be disqualified at the judges discretion.
4. No automated entries or third party are permitted!
5. Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
6. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated
7. Winners will be chosen at random, by computer, from all correct and valid entries to the competition
8. Winners will be contacted via email and must reply and claim their prize within 7 working days or the prize will be awarded to another entrant at random.
9. We are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
10. The Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered in to.