This Christmas we have a great selection of CD Goodie bags to give away to lucky Girlie Gossip members! Keep reading for more info and details of how you can bag all 3 of these fab albums for yourself!
SARAH BRIGHTMAN – A Winter Symphony
Released: 4th December Label: EMI
Biggest selling Soprano of all time releases her first-ever Christmas album
Sarah Brightman, the world’s biggest-selling soprano of all time will release her first-ever Christmas album titled A Winter Symphony on Monday 1st December.
A Winter Symphony brings her virtuosity and originality to many of the season’s classics. Her angelic voice glides through an array of Christmas favourites including “Silent Night” and “In the Bleak Midwinter.” Her resplendent duet “Ave Maria” is sung with Fernando Lima and also featured are timeless pop tracks including Abba’s famous instrumental song “Arrival” plus a gorgeous rendition of Neil Diamond’s classic, “I’ve Been this Way Before”.
Sarah also brings her own elegance to the Christmas pop hits including “I Believe in Father Christmas” and “I Wish it Could be Christmas Everyday.”
A Winter Symphony was recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra, the Royal Symphonic Orchestra, and a 46-piece choir.
Tracklisting for ‘A Winter Symphony’:
Colder Than Winter (Vince Gill)
Ave Maria (Feat: Fernando Lima)
Silent Night (trad., arr. Frank Peterson/Carsten Heussmann)
In The Bleak Midwinter (trad., arr. Frank Peterson/Carsten Heussmann)
I’ve Been This Way Before (Neil Diamond)
Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring
Child in a Manger (trad., arr. Frank Peterson/Carsten Heussmann)
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday (Roy Wood)
Amazing Grace (trad., arr. Frank Peterson, Carsten Heussmann)
Ave Maria (Bach/Gounod, arr. Frank Peterson)
I Believe In Father Christmas (Greg Lake, Sergey Prokofev/Peter John Sinfield)
THE VERY BEST OF PURE GARAGE
Release Date: 1st December 2008 Label: Warners
Featuring the very best of cuts from the garage scene!!!
The Godfather of garage DJ Matt Jam Lamont works his magic on this 4-CD extravaganza! Renowned as both a producer and top name DJ in his own right, he has stamped his mark as the UK’s best known name in garage.
Matt Jam Lamont from the ‘’Tuff Jam’’ crew has excelled in his field; with big time slots on top stations Radio 1 and Kiss FM plus featuring on MTV, he has fast become one of the most sought-after and well respected remixers/DJs in the world. When it comes to garage, Matt knows his stuff!
The Very Best Of Pure Garage is brought to you by the hugely successful Pure Garage brand, which to date, has sold over 1.9 million copies. It is undoubtedly the BIGGEST brand in garage music!
This definitive collection features new garage chart hits from the likes of Taio Cruz (Come On Girl), Delinquent Feat. Kcat (My Destiny) and Dizzee Rascal (Dance Wiv Me) plus those timeless classics sure to get you heading straight for the dancefloor – all-time favourites from Craig David (Fill Me In), Oxide and Neutrino (Foot 2 Da Floor) and Shola Ama (Imagine).
Throw in a bit of Kele Le Roc, Glamma Kid, Tina Moore and Misteeq and you have a true collection of the original sounds that sound as fresh today as when they were first played!!!
Last Choir Standing
Release Date: 8th December 2008 Label: Warners
From the hit BBC TV series Last Choir Standing, comes the eagerly awaited Last Choir Standing album
As well as Only Men Aloud! performing All By Myself, the choirs featured individually on this spectacular album include Sense of Sound performing Cry Me a River, The City of Bath Male Choir performing Can’t Take My Eyes Off You, and Revelation performing Ain’t No Stopping Us Now.
The group choir performances include stunning versions of Take That’s pop hit, Shine, and the Simon and Garfunkel classic, Bridge Over Troubled Water.
For both seasoned choral masters and newcomers to the wonderful world of choirs, Last Choir Standing brings you some of the best musical talent the UK has seen this year, and a fine collection of songs you’ll turn to time and time again.
1. All By Myself – Only Men Aloud!
2. Adiemus – Ysgol Glanaethwy
3. Ain’t No Stoppin Us Now – Revelation
4. Shine – GROUP
5. Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – The City of Bath Male Choir
6. September – ACM Gospel Choir
7. One Night Only – GROUP
8. Cry Me A River – Sense Of Sound
9. Never Forget – GROUP
10. Circle Of Life – Ysgol Glanaethwy
11. Something – The City of Bath Male Choir
12. Can You Feel It – GROUP
13. One Vision – GROUP
14. Someone To Love – GROUP
15. Gabriel – Sense Of Sound
16. Joyful Joyful – ACM Gospel Choir
17. Rule The World – Revelation
18. Bridge Over Troubled Water – GROUP
19. I’m Still Standing – GROUP
20. Don’t Rain On My Parade – Only Men Aloud!
Now 25 Years
Special anniversary triple-CD album!
Release Date: 8th December 2008 Label: EMI
Twenty-five iconic years, 75 million sales in the UK alone, not to mention being one of the most recognisable brands worldwide and the most successful compilation series the label has ever seen, EMI’s Now That’s What I Call Music! has every reason to celebrate…
Now 25 Years is a very special release marking the brand’s record-breaking silver jubilee this year. With the last two Now… albums providing the biggest first week sales in the history of the compilation series, it’s fair to say that despite it’s longevity, the brand continues to go from strength to strength, with EMI stamping their mark as leader in the compilation market!!
EMI’s special anniversary edition of the hit albums, Now 25 Years, is a fabulous triple-CD package that encompasses the biggest and best hits from records throughout the 80s,90s and 00s spanning from the likes of Diana Ross, Eurythmics, Michael Jackson and Tina Turner, to Boyzone, Spice Girls, Robbie Williams, and Oasis, right down to recent smashes from Duffy, Leona, Mika, Rihanna and Sugababes.
To be in with a chance of winning these 4 great CD’s for yourself all you have to do is answer the following simple question and email us the answer using the contact form below! Good Luck! Competition closes Jan 5th 2009
Sarah Brightman Can Be Associated With Which Musical?
b) West Side Story
c) The Phantom of the Opera
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Excessive multiple entries from the same email account pertaining to be representative of friends and family will also be disqualified at the judges discretion.
4. No automated entries or third party are permitted!
5. Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
6. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated
7. Winners will be chosen at random, by computer, from all correct and valid entries to the competition
8. Winners will be contacted via email and must reply and claim their prize within 7 working days or the prize will be awarded to another entrant at random.
9. We are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
10. The Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered in to.