ENJOY A DAY AT THE POLO WITH THE BRITISH OLYMPIC ASSOCIATION’S CENTENERY POLO MATCH
29th May 2008, Guard’s Polo Club
A day at the polo, mingling with the beautiful people, celebrities and even the occasional jodhpur-wearing member of the Royal Family, is a regular fixture in the calendars of anyone moving in ‘high society’ circles. For most people, however, the closest they’ve come to watching polo is when Julia Roberts headed out onto the pitch to tread the divots in Pretty Woman with her leading man Richard Gere. More recently, Girls Aloud’s Sarah Harding gave us a further insight into the world of polo when she underwent grueling training to play in a match in The Passions Of Girls Aloud.
Now, thanks to the British Olympic Association (BOA), everyone can enjoy an afternoon at the polo. To mark the 100th anniversary of the Olympic Games first being held in London, Great Britain will take on Ireland on May 29th at the swanky Guards Polo Club in a historical re-staging of the 1908 final. At just £25 per ticket, an afternoon of glamour won’t break the bank and makes a great alternative to a day at the races this summer.
As well as watching some top-class polo action on the field, a trip to Guards Polo Club for the BOA’s 1908 Centenary Polo match is a great excuse for girls and boys to get dressed up in their best gear for a day of glamour. What’s more, everyone that comes along will be supporting the BOA in their efforts to fund the development of Team GB as they aim for future Olympic glory.
For anyone who fancies splashing out, the polo action will be followed by an exclusive BOA fundraising dinner and auction, helping to raise money towards the cost of preparing and sending Team GB to compete at the Olympic Games. Tables for the dinner are still available, from www.teamgb.com/supportus.
Tickets for the 1908 Centenary Polo match are priced at £25, available from www.guardspoloclub.com or by calling 01784 437797. Tables at the BOA Fundraising Dinner, including VIP tickets for 1908 Centenary Polo match, are strictly limited and available from www.teamgb.com/supportus or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girlie Gossip have 5 pairs of tickets up for grabs for our lucky members! To be in with a chance of winning yourself a pair just answer the following simple question and email us the answer using the contact form below. Don’t forget you MUST be registered with Girlie Gossip to enter.
Which member of Girls Aloud recently tried her hand at playing Polo on ‘The passions of Girls Aloud’ ?
Good luck! Competition closes May 18th
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Excessive multiple entries from the same email account pertaining to be representative of friends and family will also be disqualified at the judges discretion.
4. No automated entries or third party are permitted!
5. Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
6. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated
7. Winners will be chosen at random, by computer, from all correct and valid entries to the competition
8. Winners will be contacted via email.
9. We are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
10. The Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered in to.